Sweating is a perfectly natural response to certain conditions, and is called diaphoresis. Profuse sweating, often with it’s typical odor can be awkward, and can be a social hindrance. At Cosmetic Solutions, the sweat glands of the armpits can be temporarily paralyzed by the injection of Botox.
Profuse sweating, also called Hyperhidrosis, can be a symptom of a general imbalance of the body. This is caused by the overproduction of sweat by the sweat glands, usually in the armpits, hand palms, feet or face. By means of small Botox injections the sweat glands will be temporarily blocked. The production of sweat will decrease dramatically and increase the quality of life.
• You will have to shave the hairs from the armpits the day before treatment. Please avoid the use of a deodorant 24 hours before.
• The treatment will take approximately half an hour
• After 1 to 3 days you will notice the effect of the treatment. After about 5 days the result will be optimal.
• Scientific research has proven that 87 to 93 % of the patients benefit from this treatment and sweat much less or even not any longer.
• The effect of a Botox treatment is not permanent.
• It lasts normally from 6 to 9 months
• with a maximum of 12 months.
• Botox treatment can be safely repeated indefinitely.
• During follow-up treatments one notices that –like the Botox effect on wrinkles– the effect tends to lasts longer after uninterrupted repeat sessions.
*results may vary